The locals traditionally call it Sohra; however, the world knows it by the more popular name of “Cherapunjee” or “Cherapunjee”. Cherapunjee today is the second rainiest place on earth after Mawsynram. Cherapunjee receives close to a whopping 12 m of rain every year. Cherapunjee attracts lot of tourists because of its abundant natural beauty, innumerable valleys and waterfalls, caves and canyons, evergreen misty landscapes and Cherapunjee rainfall. Tucked away in North East India, Cherapunjee is located around 60 km from Shillong in the East Khasi district of Meghalaya.
- Meet and assist by our representative at the Airport / Rly. Station & transfer to Cherapunjee.
- En route visit Umium Lake, a majestic placid lake with its surrounding sylvan hills.
- On arrival at Cherapunjee, check in at your hotel. In the afternoon visit the Ramakrishna Mission, the beautiful waterfalls of Nohkalikai and The Seven Sister falls, as well as the Mawsmai cave, the Thangkharang Park, Khoh Ramhah and Eco Park.
- Overnight stay at hotel/resort in Cherapunjee.
DAY 02: CHERRAPUNJEE– MAWLYNNONG
- After breakfast, drive to Mawlynnong Village. Mawlynnong Village has earned the distinction of being the cleanest village in India. It is situated 90 km from Shillong. Besides, the picturesque village offers many interesting sights such as the Living Root Bridge and another strange natural phenomenon of a boulder balancing on another rock.
- Thereafter walk through the village and visit the Sky View, the highest point in Mawlynnong, constructed entirely by local villagers. Bamboo steps and mini-ladders crisscross through five trees, gently gaining height until you are about 18.28 meters high. In the tallest tree in the forest is a Machan-like viewing platform from where you get a lovely view of the Bangladesh plains.
- Return back to Cherrapunji and check-in at your hotel.
- Overnight stay at a guesthouse in Cherapunjee.
DAY 03: CHERRAPUNJEE– MAWSYNRAM EXCURSION - SHILLONG
- After breakfast, a drive to visit another natural beauty of Meghalaya i.e. MAWSYNRAM. Mawsynram, at present is the “Wettest place on earth”. There is a cave temple of Lord Shiva in Mawsynram. One has to descend some stairs to enter the giant stalagmite cave sheltering the natural “Shivalinga”. The natural giant “Shivalinga” inside the cave is really unique with water trickling down from the roof of the cave naturally as obeisance on the “Shivalinga”. There is another small natural stalagmite formation close the giant “Shivalinga” which is worshipped by the locals as Goddess Parvati.
- After completion of the tour clients can head back to Shillong for their night stay.
DAY 04: SHILLONG – GUWAHATI (100kms / 2hrs)
- Morning after breakfast, proceed to Guwahati Airport for your onward journey.
- Tour ends with sweet memories.